Hello! This is my first post!

Hello all,

If you have found this, welcome to my first post on "A Carnivorous Plant Blog"!!! I am a 10th grader living in New York City who has a small collection of these wonderful plants.

In this blog, I will try to document my present, past, and future experiences growing carnivorous plants. I have been growing carnivorous plants for two and a half years now and have two grow light fixtures under which I grow them. I grow flytraps, tropical pitcher plants, sundews, bladderworts and butterworts, but among them sundews are really my favorites. I really love the vast variety of shapes and sizes - from the subtropical to wooly to pygmy to tuberous!

I hope this blog will give some an idea of how to grow these plants. I will also try to discuss and document my experiences with as many plants as I can - especially the ones which there is a lack of information of online. In addition, I will also explain how I grow my plants, what supplies I use, and what I think makes my endeavors successful and/or unsuccessful, so that you may not make the same mistakes. I hope that, eventually, we may be able to foster discussions so we can learn from each other.

I also hope that this blog can also help others in the way that others have helped me. I really look up to and appreciate the advice of Devon, Aaron May, Barry Rice, Dominic (from Red Leaf Exotics), and Peter D'Amato.

And with that, I think we'll be off to a really great start!

Happy holidays everyone,
AW

Comments